I've noticed a few other bloggers interested in doing it as well, so I thought I'd share some of my favorite books and links.
Great Papercutting Sites:
- Papercuttings by Alison- she's got so many fantastic designs for wonderful prices. My first 3 papercutting designs were purchased here: this, this, and that! Love these, too.
- Ellen Brown- she has a huge number of patterns that she's generously posted; I'd like to do them all!
- Cindy's Scherenschnitte- a blogger! Her designs are fresh and fun.
- Wycinanki by Susan L. Throckmorton- go here for inspiration. I'm not sure mine will ever be this good!
- Barbara Buckingham- Just by chance I recently found her work-- and look, it's all of Lexington! (Which reminds me--I've got 3 gate papercuttings like these from Charleston, SC!)
- Pamela Dalton- Fantastic work; I believe she had an article a few years ago in Country Living.
My Favorite Papercutting books:
- The Amazing Paper Cuttings of Hans Christian Andersen- really fun.
- Scherenschnitte: Designs and Techniques for the Traditional Craft of Papercutting- beautiful designs, but not for the beginner!