Friday, May 28, 2010

One Last Go

Well, it's been quite a while since I've blogged and I've decided to give one .... last.... try.

I stopped for a few reasons:

1. I started this blog a couple of years ago thinking I could use it like a scrapbook, and upload the blog to Blurb or something. But then Blurb and Blogger couldn't get along a few months back, and Blurb decided it wouldn't publish Blogger blogs. A few days ago I checked, and they're back on good terms, so maybe that's a good reason to continue.

2. I am swamped for time as a mom, wife, student. I just realized I haven't fixed my hair, like a real person, since last weekend, and I haven't worn makeup since ... the Wednesday before that. I look terrible, and most of the time I feel like a chicken with my head cut off. How can I find the time to do this, too?

3. I don't love to share my thoughts publicly. Most of the time, I'm just trying to write down some details from something we did, but sometimes I want to just break out in a real rant, but realize that I could really offend someone, or it's risky. For this reason, sometimes blogging feels a little fake.

4. Who reads this anyway? I feel like sharing things sometimes, but wouldn't Facebook be just as effective if I have no one who reads this blog anyway?

Ok, so that's just a few reasons I want to stop... but since I love to read other folks' blogs, and because it is easier to make a scrapbook when you have some sort of reference, ... and, I guess also because Leslie asked me to... I'll give another shot.


1 comment:

Leslie Cosgriff McKinney said...

Thanks for your compliance! I know you don't really have the time, but your pictures are so good and I love seeing what projects you are up to!