Wednesday, March 04, 2009

4 Months, Already?


Mr. Charlie (a.k.a. Bunkles, Bubbles, etc.) is 4 months old already? I can't believe it. I know it's totally cliche to say it, but time flies when you're having fun. Sleep, I miss, but I'm enjoying everything else. He's so much fun! The above photo is about 3 weeks ago with his favorite toy-- an Oball! He loves to chew on it, it's lightweight and he can easily grab it.He's definetely a little thinker. He watches everything, especially things that move and the pets... loves Lulu (she makes him laugh!), and doesn't always react right away. He's crying a lot less than he was 2 months ago (could be that I'm getting better about what I eat!) and loves to play now.
He loves the Oball, this Teddy Bear (a gift from my mom and dad in the hospital), his exersaucer, spinning toys, squeeky toys, and music. Always so curious about noises.
He has a loud, infectious laugh that I can hear rooms away... it's a big belly laugh! He loves to be tickled and "rough house"... baby style wrestle-mania! :) In case you didn't notice, he never misses a meal. This past month he did start rice cereal. This was his first night eating it... he wasn't quite sure if he liked it, but now he wants to devour it. He'd eat the bowl if we let him!
Ok, normally I don't put the Bumbo in a higher chair, but this was just for a photo. He's perfectly content in the Bumbo for a while, just loves to watch the world. Doesn't he just look like such a goober? :)
This was his last night in his little baby bathtub. I loved that thing, but he's just too big for it! He's in one for toddlers now. He's also started sleeping in the crib (about a week now)... no more bassinet!
This past month has been a blast. We made a day trip to D.C. and Charlie had so much fun watching the kids play in IKEA (Did you really think I'd go to DC and not stop there?). He's spent some time with grandparents and cousins, especially new cousins -- Ivan! And just this past weekend he got to hang out with my Oma, his great-grandma!
I can't wait to see what he does next... which by the looks of things, might be walking! :)

3 comments:

Jennifer W. said...

Hi Charlie - You're a big boy like your friend out in California, Hank. Hank is excited to see all of things he has to look forward to in his 4th month!

Chef Messy said...

Wow, it's so fun to see how he's growing! Such a cutie. Glad the cereal experiment is going well!

Anonymous said...

I love the first picture with the ball! He is very photogenic! Put the play date pictures up! :)