Sunday, December 17, 2006

#8- A Partridge In a Pear Tree

I honestly don't know what a partridge is! According to Wikipedia, the site that knows everything:
Partridges are birds in the pheasant family, Phasianidae. They are a non-migratory Old World group.
These are medium-sized birds intermediate between the large pheasants and the small
quails. The partridges are ground-nesting seed-eaters. Many species are hunted for sport or game.

Did you really think I'd post about my tree and not show a single bird? I don't have a Pear Tree or a Partridge, but I found lots of birds on the tree this year...

from our honeymoon in the Bahamas...
DSCN3207

borrowed (and I doubt I'll return) this from my parents... I know it' s been with them since they first got married. He's lost an eye, but I still love his color...
DSCN3210

I loved flamingos in college...
DSCN3208

a silver bird...
DSCN3209
And a Tree of Cranes by my one of my clubs. We read Tree of Cranes by Allan Say (an excellent Christmas story) and learned to fold paper cranes (the easy way and the difficult way) and paper candy boxes. They were fast learners!
DSCN3216

No comments: