Wednesday, August 02, 2006

How You Can Break Up the Vicious Cycle of Nervous Tension Headaches

I'm stuck in my house. My car is sick and I'm going flat broke. Teachers around here only get paid at the beginning of the summer. That seems wonderful in June- you feel wealthy- but by August, you're really budgeting! I'm probably going to have to start waitressing or else we'll be eating Ramen noodles this month! I was hoping that I wouldn't have to waitress again, but my pottery, craft, quilting, cooking habits are not cheap! :)

Seems that whenever I get this stressed, besides praying for help and eating lots of junk food, I throw myself into projects. The house looks like a mess- piles of fabric everywhere, ironing board out, my project idea pages out (I write down ideas in numerous journals, tear out magazine photos and pages and put those in another notebook, and have too many postcards that I keep out for ideas).

Here's something I did in college. I have been looking for some photographs I did in high school, but can't find them. I did a lot of collages because I love magazines from the 50s and 60s. This one junk dealer in town would always save me a stack because he knew I'd be in for some. They always have a little story, or they are about someone. This one is about KP, this woman I used to work with at a restaurant. She always told me everything she was supposed to do at home, for her husband and son, and that waitressing was a get-a-way for her!
scan0001

1 comment:

Chef Messy said...

Neato collage. Really, is there anything you DON'T do?! How's the quilt coming along?

P.S. I'm glad I'm not the only one going broke from craft supplies and books and such!