Monday, July 31, 2006

BlogDog

I've sorta run out of creative juices lately-- at least for cooking and such. It maybe because it's just too darn hot! All the pets have been sleeping all day... see? :)
DSCN2148
I have been working on other kinds of projects. I started a new quilt, found my old stamp collection (yeah, I guess I'm a geek) and an old cross-stitch I never finished. I have finished a few pottery pieces in the past few weeks and never showed you all, so here goes:
This is the one using an old muslin design, a trivet.
DSCN2166
This is a vase I finished last week. I don't know if I like it, but it's my attempt to copy a Newcomb pottery design from the 30's.
DSCN2164
This piece I finished today, so it hasn't been fired, and the color will be a dark teal.
DSCN2161
Here is my friend Jo. working on her piece. She requested that I not show her face because she doesn't have on any makeup! :) She's so talented! This is an oil jar.
DSCN2163
Also, J's been working on this children's book all summer. I'm so proud of him! He's finished and the story is really good! I know that now he wants me to start on the illustrations... he's requesting an illustration per paragraph! I don't know if I can do that much. School starts in 3 weeks!

Hope everyone has a lovely week and doesn't have to be in the heat too much. Drink lots of water!!!

1 comment:

Chef Messy said...

Oooh, I hadn't seen the trivet--I can't believe you painted that! It looks great! You're so talented....