Sunday, May 28, 2006
Another Good Reason to Have a Blog!
I am so happy that I joined in on blogging! A candy swap!
Here are the details: http://www.quietfish.com/notebook/archives/000484.html
Seems like at some points in my life, candy is a huge part of my diet. I never much was into chocolate, but I can eat bags of sweets each day and still want more. I think I get that from my parents. At my dad's parents house, they always have sweets. At least 4-5 scoops of Breyers ice cream is typical each night. I get to scooping that much now and people look at me like I'm a pig. I know my dad keeps a secret stash of sweets in his bottom right desk drawer, and that my mom also hides the candy in certain cabinets. Also, she always let me and my brother pick out at least a candy bar every trip to the store. Dont' get me wrong, we eat pretty healthy beyond all this-- not much into fried or fast food... just the sweets!
So, we'll fill out this questionnaire for our swap partner. We will spend $10 on our new friend, and in exchange get a yummy sweet package. if you're interested, sign up before June 10.
* Candy Swap 2006 Questionnaire
1) When I was a kid, Halloween was all about:
a) collecting as much candy as I could because my brother somehow always came home with twice the amount (I think he showed up to a few houses more than once)
2) What is more important to you: quality, or quantity? Quality! Cheap candy corn is no good compared to the real stuff-- same goes with gummi candy. It has to be the good stuff or it's just not the right consistency, flavor, etc.
3) If you were on a desert island (haha, I wrote "dessert island" but that would be a totally different question now wouldn't it?) and could only have one sweet treat, which would it be?
A McDonald's Caramel Sundae with no nuts. (Side story-- one time I went to McDonalds and ordered just that-- A Caramel sundae with no nuts... and all they gave me was caramel... no nuts and NO ICE CREAM!)
4) You arrive at "Dessert Island" – where you discover a river of pudding flowing freely through a swamp of Cool Whip. No one is watching. What do you do?
If it's vanilla pudding, I am diving in. Chocolate, I'll just watch.
4) Sweet, sour, or savoury?
5) Sex or chocolate?
Not much into chocolate, so...
6) What kind of candy, if any, would you turn down if someone offered?
peppermints or other hard candies
7) You're at the grocery store, you're children/husband/pets have been The.Worst.Ever. They're throwing cans at each other, tripping little old ladies, taking bites out of the produce and putting them back in the bins, and piercing the milk bags with diaper pins. You feel yourself getting woozy. That vein in your forehead is throbbing. You need an immediate sugar kick before you do something crazy. What do you reach for?
Haribo Gummis, Swedish fish, Chewy Caramels or a Milky Way
8) What are your feelings regarding Thrills gum, ribbon candy, scotch mints, and other "grandma candies"?
I've not heard of these candies, but I just love anything chewy.
9) How adventurous are you? Do spicy dried mealworms or candy-coated crickets give you the willies, or are you willing to try anything once? I've tried some worms before and some sweets at an Indian restuarant that were interesting.. I'm up for anything that's just not too spicy. I think it's fun to try different things.
9) Do you have dentures or other dental issues? Do you have a good dental plan? nah, my teeth are in good shape.
Posted by Coleen at 5/28/2006 08:02:00 PM